​Serving God by Serving Our Neighbor

It all started in June of 1958 when Pastor Ronald Kragthorpe arrived and invited local families to join with him to form a new Lutheran church. Two months later, in August of that same year, forty-one people attended a meeting at McDonald Elementary that were interested in forming Holy Trinity Lutheran Church. On September 7, 1958, the first worship service was held at McDonald Elementary School, with 114 children and adults in attendance. Three months later, on December 7, 1958, the Membership Charter opened with fifty-one total signatures. Only thirteen months later, on February 7, 1960, the first service was held in the new church (present church building -- preschool wing), with a dedication held in April of that same year.


During the next 34 years, Holy Trinity gathered for worship, Bible study, fellowship and continued daily serving God by serving their neighbors and community. The decided to add on to the existing church building, and in February of 1994, the first worship service was held in the new Sanctuary of the remodeled church.


Through the years, the children of God who call Holy Trinity their "home" church and church "family" have changed. The faces have changed. Some have moved, others have left, still others remain and grow. The lines on their faces tell more of a story than we can report here in a brief history. For they have been baptized here...confirmed...married...raised their children up in the love of Jesus...they have even had to bury their loved ones. As a family, they have laughed, loved, cried, consoled, suffered, and rejoiced...always serving their One true God and His Living Word. When challenged by changes in the institutional church, they stuck with the Word of God alone and did not alter their belief and practice. Those present did not weaken to the temptation to conform to society, but rather depended daily on the on-going transformation by the power of the Holy Spirit. That faithful decision has been a significant mark on their history and their foreheads -- marked by the Cross of Christ forever.


Through all of history, Holy Trinity has belonged to God. It was, is and forever shall be His church. Those who call it "home" are not members of an institution but rather disciples of their Lord. As God's family, there are only members here and no visitors...Welcome to life in His Word!

Jaynan is a child of God...
A little lamb of His own choosing...
A sinner forgiven and saved by Jesus' death and resurrection...
She lives to hear the "For You" and then be used to speak it into another lamb's hearing ears...
She has never found Jesus, because He was never lost...
She has been chosen first, decided for and brought along for the ride of her life by the One who owns her...
She will continue to go to places she doesn't want to go, to meet people she doesn't want to meet, to speak a

   word that she doesn't want to say...
She is a preacher, a pastor, a tentmaker, a sheep...
She is not a church leader or a shepherd...
She is a country girl through and through, born and bred in Minnesota...
She has served Jesus at home and abroad...
She will follow where He leads because she knows in her forgiven, found heart that her scarred Good Shepherd

   carries her daily on His shoulders...
She is the mother of four adult children -- at least by age -- who are also little lambs of His choosing who belong

   to the Crucified and Risen One; they were given to her long ago to raise for Him...
This is her primary vocation...
Thanks be to God!

To proclaim the Good News of God's Saving Grace and to minister to our community through our relationship with God.

OUR MISSION

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is a part of the Northwest District of the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ.


​Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ is an association of congregations and individuals who are:

  • ​͏͏free in Christ;
  • accountable to one another;
  • rooted in the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions;
  • working together to fulfill Christ's Great Commission to go and make disciples of all nations.

LCMC is an association of congregations. We have a great respect for the reality that the church is where the people of God gather together around Word and Sacrament. The local congregation is where the church becomes a concrete reality for God's people.

At the same time we are joyously aware that each congregation is a part of the greater body of Christ. The actions of each congregation within our association reflect on our association as a whole. And the actions of our association reflect on the whole body of Christ. For this reason we have committed ourselves to a common set of ministry standards.

MEET THE PASTOR

HISTORY OF HTLC

pASTOR jAYNAN CLARK